Petra KornPetra advises domestic and international clients on transactional matters mainly in the fields of International Law, German Law, Business Law, and Intellectual Property Law. (German American Lawyer Los Angeles) Petra has the unique ability to advise clients on German and California law. Being able to explain the legal procedures either under German law or California law to the client in the native language is a big comforting factor to many of Petra’s clients.
In the past ten years Petra has gained experience in media and entertainment law and transactions in Cologne and Berlin, Germany, and also in domestic and international corporate law and litigation through working for a prestigious law firm in Los Angeles.
Petra’s background and education has focused on Media Law, International Business Cartels, Unfair Competition, and Copyright Law. Petra furthered her studies in Media and European Law at the Administrative College in Speyer.
To best serve the needs of her clients, Petra maintains close relationships with, and associates with, a network of other attorneys and other professionals, like immigration lawyers and accountants.
- Domestic and international Corporate, Transactional and Business Law (Business Formation and Structuring, Contracts etc.)
- Intellectual Property (Copyrights, Trademarks)
- General American and International Law
- Debt collection
- Personal Injury law
- Immigration law (dual citizenship, Visa)
- J. D., Supreme Court Cologne, Germany, 2001
- Bachelor of Law, University of Bonn, 1998
- California Bar, 2005
- Superior Court, Germany
- United States Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court in California, Central District
Professional Memberships and Associations
- Bar Association (Anwaltskammer) Bonn, Germany
- International Law Section, Los Angeles County Bar Association (Member Executive Committee)
- German-American Chamber of Commerce, New York
- Business Law Section, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- American Bar Association.